How To Style Dungarees For Spring/Summer

I’m one of those Brits who celebrates warm weather like I’ve won the lottery. Even though it means I get a little burnt (like I did over the weekend) I love being able to go outside without having to put 6 pairs of socks on. I spent the weekend blogging, shopping and walking around in the gorgeous weather, and I got out my New Look dungarees from PLB to make the perfect weekend outfit.

Usually when I wear dungarees I’d pair them with ankle boots, a jacket of some sort and probably a scarf – but now it’s much warmer I thought I’d go for a t-shirt, sandals and sun hat look. It’s even the first time I’ve got my sassy sunnies out this year on POR.

Also, I know what you’re thinking. Don’t you wear a hat so you don’t have to wear sunglasses?…

…FASHION GUYS, FASHION.

how-to-style-dunagrees-for-spring-12

Dungarees – c/o PLB

Tee – Tee & Cake @ Topshop

Bag – c/o Noma

Sandals – c/o Clarks

Hat – Boohoo

Sunglasses – Super old from LVNDR but find similar ones here!

You know I love my denim and it seems like I can’t shift from it, but believe it or not this is the first pair of denim dungarees I’ve ever owned. Crazy right? These are by Parisian (a brand at New Look) and they’re the comfiest things ever – you’ll find buys like this plus loads more at Preloved Boutique so make sure you check out what they’ve got for this Spring and Summer. These particular dungarees will be coming into stock very soon on their website!

If you also love denim then you may have seen on my twitter that I wrote a blog post all about denim for the IMM Models blog – see my post here!

Hope you all like this outfit! Let me know if you’re a dungarees girl or more of a skirt wearer.

If you liked this post you may like How To Nail The Military Trend or Blue On Blue.

** c/o (courtesy of) shows items that have been gifted to me but all outfits are 100% my own style and are not influenced by other parties **

1. Candice
    9th May 2016 / 5:48 pm

Those dungaress look amazing on you I could never pull it off

Beauty Candy Loves

• 9th May 2016 / 8:25 pm

Thanks lovely! And don’t be silly, of course you can!

2. Sara
    9th May 2016 / 6:16 pm

Loving this outfit on you! 🙂 Dungarees are great, I really want to get a pair this year but I just haven’t found the perfect one yet. Need to look around a bit more x

Sara / AboutLittleThiings

• 9th May 2016 / 8:26 pm

Thank you! They’re fab – these ones are by Parisian at New Look, they will be available on Preloved Boutique soon! The fit is amazing!

3. 9th May 2016 / 8:45 pm

Dungarees, with skinny legs and ripped knees? I think I’m in love! I’ve been obsessed with dungarees for just about forever, but got rid of all my short ones because of how much weight I put on in the last year and now I’m really missing them from my wardrobe. This outfit looks divine, and I love that you’ve still kept everything almost all black in this heat haha

Steph – http://www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

• 10th May 2016 / 2:26 pm

I know right, so hard to find! I used to love short dungarees but now I prefer dungaree dresses as I find them so much more flattering! And haha the day I wore these dungarees wasn’t quite as hot as it was the day after – I couldn’t wear these dungarees in 25 degree heat!

4. 9th May 2016 / 9:06 pm

I don’t have a pair of dungarees because I was always unsure on how to style them, but now seeing this post I really want to try them out for myself! You really rock this look!!
    Lauren xx

• 10th May 2016 / 2:27 pm

I think you can’t go wrong styling-wise if you just wear a t shirt with them, and wore the outfit with some converse or something! Deffo try them out, you’ll look great!

5. 9th May 2016 / 9:40 pm

Love this Really nice I did a dungers post too you shld check it out 🙂

• 10th May 2016 / 2:28 pm

Glad you like it! Will check it out, thanks!

• 10th May 2016 / 2:28 pm

Thanks so much Bella! What a sweet comment! 🙂

6. 10th May 2016 / 4:57 am

Ahh I love dungarees! I had a Topshop pair but I lost weight and now they don’t fit. I love how fitted yours are. They look much more flattering than mine!
    JH | hellojenniferhelen.com

• 10th May 2016 / 2:29 pm

I’m not really a fan of those looser dungarees, they look great on other people but I find they seem to just drown me out and make me look shapeless! Much prefer these ones that are fitted, with skinny-jean legs!

7. Meg
    10th May 2016 / 12:43 pm

Can’t go wrong with a pair of dungarees, can you?

8. 11th May 2016 / 11:16 am

Girl, you know how much I am digging this get up. Especially after my most recent insta comment. You look the absolute bomb diggity & hell yeah for all this amazing weather!
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

• 11th May 2016 / 11:53 am

I added the hat as a last minute thing and I’m so glad I did, totally works doesn’t it?! Thanks bae!

9. 13th May 2016 / 10:21 pm

I looove this outfit, you have such a good figure to pull this off! I wish I could wear dungarees but my boobs don’t let me! Really love your hat too x

Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

• 14th May 2016 / 5:48 pm

Aw thanks girl! Haha I don’t have any issues in the big-boob area, not the worst problem in the world for you though!

• 16th May 2016 / 10:39 am

Thanks beauty! You do need some they’re SO comfy!