Holiday Photography: A Night In Blackpool

Hey all!

As you’ll all know (cause I plastered it on social media) last week I went away with the family – we spent a night in Blackpool on Sunday night, then travelled up to Scotland for a week. We haven’t been on a family holiday with all 4 of us since I was 7… So I was hella excited. There wasn’t much of a purpose to our holiday other than to just get away for a bit and see some sights – but for me and my dad all we wanted to do was take photos. My dad is a little bit of a photographer pro so we couldn’t wait for sunsets and mountains and all that kinda nerdy shizz.

Today I’m gonna share with you my snaps from our night in Blackpool! I’d never been there before and it was kinda gross, but some parts were so beaut! Luckily the night we were there the sunset was amazing.

Here are some photos I took of the Pleasure Beach – for anyone wondering I used my Canon 1200d!

blackpool-tower-1

blackpool-pleasure-beach-1

blackpool-pleasure-beach-2

blackpool-pleasure-beach-4

blackpool-ferris-wheel-1

blackpool-pleasure-beach-5

blackpool-pleasure-beach-6

blackpool-pleasure-beach-7

I love how colourful it was towards the Pleasure Beach rollercoaster area! Especially with the low sun shining on it – and speaking of sunsets… How beautiful are these photos!

blackpool-pleasure-beach-sunset-1

blackpool-pleasure-beach-sunset-2

blackpool-pleasure-beach-sunset-3

blackpool-pleasure-beach-sunset-4

I also love art and found all of this random street art – some of these photos aren’t amazing and my angles are terrible but I couldn’t resist taking some quick shots!

blackpool-street-art-1

blackpool-street-art-2

blackpool-street-art-3

Lastly… Some guy called ‘Terry’ declared his love for me. Terry, wherever you are, I love you too.

blackpool-pleasure-beach-graffiti-1

Oh Terry, you little sweetheart.

What do you make of my photos?! I’m not a photographer at all, but I love taking photos and am so proud of the sunset snaps! I have a photography page here on POR too so make sure you check that out.

Until next time,

1. 25th September 2015 / 8:54 am

They have some amazing art in Blackpool, but sadly, they never really looked after the colourful buildings which always left the place looking really awful these last few years but it seems that they have tarted them back up and given them some life, either that or you are super good at taking photos 😉
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

• 27th September 2015 / 11:16 am

They looked relatively clean! Maybe they tarted them up a bit… But then again, it could just be my photography 😉

2. 25th September 2015 / 11:17 am

Your photos look gorgeous robo! I love the street art in Blackpool, i always go as its only 40 minutes from where i am. Its great in summer x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

• 27th September 2015 / 11:19 am

Thanks Em! The street art is gorgeous, I bet there was loads that I didn’t see too! And haha it’s so weird how close it is to you – took us bloody ages to get there.

3. 25th September 2015 / 11:35 am

Love the photos! you have a talent!!

• 27th September 2015 / 11:20 am

Thanks Sinead! I wouldn’t call it a talent but I’ll take that 😉

• 27th September 2015 / 11:21 am

Awww thanks Kirsti! I have lots of help as my dad does photography!

4. 25th September 2015 / 10:46 pm

Your photography is amazing, Robyn! Glad you had a great trip, girlie. Wow, those sunsets…. <3
    Love how you captured the wall art. Those street artists are incredible!
    xox Nadia

• 27th September 2015 / 11:23 am

Thanks Nadia! Wasn’t the sunset beautiful?! So lucky – I went there on the perfect evening!

• 27th September 2015 / 11:25 am

Thank you Nicole! I mean Blackpool isn’t the loveliest place to be – but the beach is much nicer than I think it used to be, and the street art is beaut!

5. 26th September 2015 / 4:43 pm

Beautiful pictures girly! Blackpool isn’t the nicest of places as you said but you captured it perfectly. Sunset goals haha. x

• 27th September 2015 / 11:26 am

Thanks Kat! It’s not amazing but if you fight your way through the grim places there are some lovely views!

• 27th September 2015 / 11:26 am

Thank you Ana! I was so lucky with the sunset on the evening that I happened to be there!

6. 27th September 2015 / 6:52 pm

Ahh your photos are stunning, just look at that sunset! I just did a week in Scotland too and it was amazing, such a good trip. Can’t beat a family holiday! x

• 27th September 2015 / 10:02 pm

Thanks for the comment Charlotte! So pleased with the sunset that we got – isn’t it beautiful! And Scotland is so beautiful – I’ll be putting up another post soon with the photography from there. Love a good family hol!

7. Jess
    1st October 2015 / 12:12 pm

Amazing photography! Didn’t realise Blackpool was so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Jess
    myblogjessica.co.uk

• 2nd October 2015 / 3:27 pm

Thank you Jessica! It isn’t the loveliest place on earth but if you search around there are some lovely places!