Camel & Corduroy

New week = another week closer to Christmas, am I right?

Kidding, but today’s outfit is looking rather wintery and I’m 100% okay with that. One cute trend that I’m loving this A/W is everything cord… I remember when I was about 8 my mum bought me some black corduroy trousers and I thought they were vile, now I’m desperate for some! About a month ago I treated myself to the most adorable cord pinafore from Topshop (you know, the one that’s everywhere in the fashion/blogging world) and it’s my favourite item in my wardrobe!

It’s getting to that time of year where we like to cosy up on the sofa with candles and books (/netflix) and this outfit is super comfortable for doing just that. Plus it’s easy to layer up over the top of if you’re heading out (unlikely for me but whatever).

One thing I love about this outfit is the mix of colours – I’ve got burgundy, navy, dark green, black and camel all going on and I think they work together so well!

P.s. thanks to my friend Alice for letting me borrow the coat and scarf 😉

Topshop-Outfit-Pinafore-And-Coat-1

Topshop-Outfit-Pinafore-And-Coat-11

Topshop-Outfit-Pinafore-And-Coat-12

Topshop-Outfit-Pinafore-And-Coat-13

Topshop-Outfit-Pinafore-And-Coat-14

Pinafore – Topshop

Black Jumper – H&M

Coat – Topshop (lol not mine)

Shoes – c/o Clarks (see their full range of boots here)

Scarf – Topshop (also not mine)

Bag – Accessorize

I’m going to be living in outfits like this for the next couple of months! If you’re anti-tights (as I know some of you are) you can always swap the pinafore for some skinny jeans and a casual tee!

What’s your favourite item from this outfit? Let me know all your thoughts in the comments!

Lots of love,

SHOP THE POST

** c/o (courtesy of) shows items that have been gifted to me but all outfits are 100% my own style and are not influenced by other parties **

• 20th October 2015 / 12:01 pm

Thanks girly!! Yeah it would be an expensive outfit (not all of it is mine hehe) but I think Boohoo would be a good place to go for some similar bits!

1. Brittany
    19th October 2015 / 10:23 am

Loving the camel! Secretly I am very pleased we are one step closer to CHRISTMAS! X

• 20th October 2015 / 12:02 pm

Thanks Brittany! I love camel even though I never really used to be a fan… and eeek Christmas!!

2. 19th October 2015 / 11:10 am

Lovely post! I absolutely love this oufit. I recently got myself a pinafore dress and I am so excited to wear it this Autumn.

• 20th October 2015 / 12:03 pm

Thanks sweetie! Pinafore dresses are so cute and they kinda remind me of being a kid!!

3. Meg Siobhan
    19th October 2015 / 11:57 am

Oh my gosh, that pinafore! It’s so cute, and I loooooove the colour.

• 20th October 2015 / 12:04 pm

Isn’t it just?! I was going to buy a black one and thought I’d go for burgundy!

• 20th October 2015 / 12:04 pm

Thank you sweetie! I hate how the scarf and coat are both borrowed from a friend waaaah!

4. 19th October 2015 / 2:17 pm

Love this look!! that pinafore is so nice! love the color

leethrifts.blogspot.com

• 20th October 2015 / 12:05 pm

Thank you Lee! It’s such an Autumnal colour I love it!

• 20th October 2015 / 12:06 pm

Hahaha!! You don’t need my help 😉 thank you lovely!

5. Fii
    19th October 2015 / 11:38 pm

Love this look! The mix of colours very cunningly matches that scarf, but it’s lovely to see all the individual elements come together so well. Plus those boots. But I really want another topshop pinny (I got mine from a friend 3 years ago now, the ones this season are super cute!)

Fii | little miss fii

• 20th October 2015 / 12:07 pm

I know I saw the scarf and was like ‘this’ll go perfectly’ hehehe! And yeah I did have to save up for the Topshop pinny cause obviously they don’t come cheap but I bought it as a bit of a treat because it was so my style!!

6. 19th October 2015 / 11:43 pm

Gorgeous outfit, love the colour of the pinafore! I feel the same about cord, although I remember having bright yellow cord trousers when I was eight-ish and thinking I was the bees knees when I wore them…I hope there’s no pictorial evidence of those days!

• 20th October 2015 / 12:08 pm

Hahahaha bright yellow cord trousers sounds amazing – I bet they were so ‘in’ in those days 😉 thanks for the comment lovely!

• 20th October 2015 / 12:08 pm

Exactly, yay! I’m totally excited!!

7. Alice
    20th October 2015 / 10:13 am

I love corduroy so much as well, I have a black cord skirt from UO last year that I’ve worn too death. I love the pinafore so much, I’ve been debating buying it for ages aha!

The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

• 20th October 2015 / 12:09 pm

A black cord skirt sounds perfect!! I totally want one now! Deffo invest it a pinafore they’re so comfy!! I had to save so much cause they’re not cheap but I think totally worth it.

8. 22nd October 2015 / 4:48 pm

Your friend Alice is amazing, and this look you put together is really lovely, R! That Topshop Pinafore dress is just precious! <3 I am defo a sucker for comfy tights, so this look is sooooo up my street.
    I love my cozy scarves in the fall + coats and ankle booties. Absolute must-haves 🙂
    xox Nadia

• 22nd October 2015 / 8:20 pm

She’s the best! Fab at taking photos and she lends me her clothes – YAY!
      Glad you like the outfit! So cosy in the autumn – get yourself a pinafore they’re so adorable!

9. Meg Siobhan
    24th October 2015 / 4:37 pm

Loving all the colours! I am not usually a camel fan, but I love it in regards to that coat!

• 26th October 2015 / 9:22 am

I was never a huge fan of anything camel until recently! I think on a scarf or coat it’s fab!