Coat Picks Under £50

Hey hey hey HAPPY WEEKEND!

As a fashion lover I’m obsessed with this time of year because it means we get to LAYER. YAY. We can finally get out the roll-neck jumpers, the scarves, the fluffy socks and of course… the coats.

Now, it’s only November and I’ve already got 3 new coats for this Winter… bit excessive but if I’m honest there’s at least another 3 or 4 that I want. In my view however you can never have too many because generally that’s what most people will see you in – who wants to wear the same one the whole time?!

The only issue with coats is that they are expensive, so in today’s post I’ve whipped up my favourite coats from all the high street stores and yep, they’re all under £50. I’ve categorised them into Sleeveless Coats, Fur Coats (a must have this season), Tailored Coats and Leather Jackets.

Click on the photos to go straight to the pages

Sleeveless Coats

Fur Coats

Boyfriend/Tailored Coats

Leather Jackets

I hope I’ve cut your online shopping time short and stopped you having to trawl though 2849235729385 pages from 17 different websites! Let me know what your favourite coats are from my picks, and also drop me a comment if you buy any.

I’m also on bloglovin guys and I’d love it if you gave me a follow over there if you’re liking my posts recently! Find me here.

1. 7th November 2015 / 9:03 am

I’m trying to save money being in my last year at uni so had to cut back the shopping so this post has come in handy! I never think to look in Forever 21 but it seems like they have a fab selection, I’m still after the perfect trench coat
    x

• 9th November 2015 / 2:38 pm

Ahh thats good! I was the same actually, after I’d looked around I forgot about Forever 21, then went on their website and was like OMG I love it all!

2. Alice
    7th November 2015 / 11:51 am

I’ve been living tailored coats at the moment, I just bought a black one with a fur collar from Primark – they have such a good cost selection at the moment!

The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

• 9th November 2015 / 2:39 pm

Ohhhh I love it!! I’m picking up so many good bits from Primark at the moment. I really need a black tailored coat like that!

3. 7th November 2015 / 2:33 pm

Omg, I’m so glad I found this post! It doesn’t stay cold for that long here in LA, so I’m never able to invest in a really nice, expensive coat… I’m always looking for cute, cheaper options. Definitely gonna get one of these!
    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

• 9th November 2015 / 2:39 pm

I’m pleased!! Yeah I don’t really like spending like £100 (or more) or one coat cause it’s such a big amount of money to spend in one go…

Glad you found it useful!

4. 7th November 2015 / 4:40 pm

It’s getting cold so rapidly here in Austria, and I could definitely use a new coat! It seems though everything in stores right now is majorly unflattering for a petite person like me 😀 I love the look of boyfriend coats on other people, but they swallow me whole 😉 Coats are definitely one of the things that I’m super picky about…and usually the ones I like are really expensive. Bad situation for a student with a limited budget 😉

• 9th November 2015 / 2:41 pm

I find some coats are really bulky and unflattering too! You can always buy from petite ranges though (I do sometimes). Some people pull off boyfriend coats SO well I get so jealous!

• 9th November 2015 / 2:41 pm

Thanks for commenting, so pleased you like my blog! Have a lovely day,

• 9th November 2015 / 2:42 pm

I know right, and you can definitely never only have one coat!

5. 8th November 2015 / 9:36 am

they’re beautiful! i hope i’d get to experience winter though and i’ll shop for coats too! 🙂

• 9th November 2015 / 2:43 pm

Glad you like them! Shopping for coats is so fun!

6. 8th November 2015 / 7:03 pm

I’ve been really into looking at coats this season! A lot of lovely ones under the fur coats and leather jackets! I noticed that Pretty Little Thing has so many pretty ones in xx

Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

• 9th November 2015 / 2:45 pm

I’m desperate for a fur coat! Ooh yeah PLT is fab this season!!

• 9th November 2015 / 2:46 pm

Glad you like my blog, that’s so nice of you to say! Coats are my fave things to buy!

7. 9th November 2015 / 7:01 am

omg i want all of these coats, so pretty!

♥ Ellen
    Latest post: SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

• 9th November 2015 / 2:46 pm

Aren’t they gorgeous!? I wish I could buy them all!

8. 9th November 2015 / 8:29 am

It’s almost like you read my mind, I literally have about 5 tabs up of different coat options, ha! Love the grey Missguided sleeveless jacket!

Elle
    xx

• 9th November 2015 / 2:47 pm

Haha, I have SO many tabs open for all sorts of bits! I felt like I needed to collect the coats together in a post 😉 I love that one too! I have a very similar one from New Look though which is also fab!

9. emmajane
    9th November 2015 / 2:24 pm

leather jackets are just staples for any wardrobe! ii always find gems on missguided! x

Charli XCX 90s fun over on –
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

• 9th November 2015 / 2:48 pm

I LOVE leather jackets! They go with literally everything don’t they?
      Missguided is my fave at the moment too!

10. coffeeslag
    10th November 2015 / 2:58 pm

I SO feel you on the jacket thing. I need a coat closet just to house all my jackets. Especially in winter, when your jacket is the first thing most people will see, you want more than just one boring black one! My jacket collection is getting ridiculous and I’m glad I’m not the only one haha!

coffeeslag

COFFEESLAG Sephora Hal

• 10th November 2015 / 7:50 pm

Haha, me too! And yeah exactly, it’s the first thing people see and if you’re outside it’s the only thing they’ll see – it may as well be changed up a little bit!

• 11th November 2015 / 4:42 pm

Isn’t it?! I really want that one! And yeah same, they’re so stylish at the moment! Wish they weren’t always so expensive!

11. 11th November 2015 / 2:22 am

This is such a helpful post Robyn! I am always looking to grow my coat collection but I typically feel like I’d have to spend a fortune on one coat. This is great!

• 11th November 2015 / 4:43 pm

You’d be surprised at how reasonable some coats are these days, especially on Missguided/ASOS and that sort of website!

12. Kelly
    11th November 2015 / 8:48 am

I finally picked up a faux leopard fur coat yesterday that I’ve been lusting after for months *heart eye emoji*. The only thing that sucks is we’re going into summer in South Africa so I have to wait another six months to wear it :'(
    Stunning picks!

Kelly // Velvet & Vibranium

• 11th November 2015 / 4:46 pm

Oh I want one so badly!! It’ll definitely come in handy though when it gets colder for you in SA!

13. 12th November 2015 / 9:17 pm

I get wrong every time I buy a new coat cause I have so many haha! I love the tailored coats but my boobs always ruin them :-(. I’m loving the tan suede coats at the moment but they’re not exactly good for the rain! I love that Pull&Bear fur coat, but I already have 3 I don’t think it will fit anywhere ha xx

Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

• 15th November 2015 / 3:26 pm

Haha well I unfortunately/fortunately have no boobs so tailored coats sit ok on me (would rather have a boob problem though…). Deffo get the pull&bear coat, why not! 😉