Mini Eye Make-Up Haul

My 2016 ‘buying new make-up’ habits seem to be continuing but I decided instead of buying cheap products and running out of them quickly I’d actually splash out a little on my favourites. Last week I did a cheeky order at Look Fantastic because they sent me a 20% off code in my emails – after being super ill for a few days I knew some new make-up would sort me out.

Even though I didn’t buy many items I thought I’d show you what I bought anyway in a mini haul, especially as they’re all items I’ve wanted for a while.

Mini-eye-make-up-haul-01

Mini-eye-make-up-haul-02

I bought two things: the Benefit They’re Real trio set (eyeliner, mascara and eye make-up remover) and a NARS eyeshadow duo. I know what you’re thinking – YUM.

Mini-eye-make-up-haul-09

Mini-eye-make-up-haul-10

BENEFIT THEY’RE REAL PUSH UP EYELINER

In the past I’ve only ever used kohl pencils and things like that for eyeliner and I really struggle with it smudging down my face after an hour of using it, especially as I have such oily skin. I have to say I LOVE THIS EYELINER. It look me a use or 2 (or 4) to get used to but now I’ve got the hang of it it makes my eyeliner look the bomb. It’s a little bit like using a pen to do your eyeliner but the only issue is if I go majorly wrong it goes a little disastrous. Practice makes perfect!

Mini-eye-make-up-haul-08

BENEFIT THEY’RE REAL MASCARA

I’m not one for always wearing mascara but recently I wanted to wear some and didn’t have any… So I had to get some, right? I haven’t got much to say about it other than it makes my lashes look fab, but I’m not sure if I’d buy it individually for the price – however, I’m really not an eyelashes expert. It makes a pretty photo?

Mini-eye-make-up-haul-06

BENEFIT THEY’RE REAL EYE MAKE-UP REMOVER CREAM

One of the reasons I chose this trio pack was to try this remover cream. I have such issues with taking my eye make-up off and I can’t stand it when black bits of mascara don’t come off – #perfectionist. When I’ve tried this it’s definitely worked but I do worry about how much of the cream I’m using and I’m not sure how long it’d last. I think I’ll use this only when I’m taking off the mascara and only use my micellar water for the eyeliner.

Mini-eye-make-up-haul-07

NARS EYESHADOW DUO – TOKYO

Say hello to my first ever NARS product. EEEEEEK. I’m not sure how I’ve lasted this long but I’ve wanted a blusher or an eyeshadow from there for ages – as soon as I saw this purple & white eyeshadow duo I was like ‘I’m soooo having that’. The shades are perfect for me because the purple really goes with my green eyes, and the pigmentation is just amazing. I’m in love.

Mini-eye-make-up-haul-03

Mini-eye-make-up-haul-04

SHOP MY BUYS

If I had to encourage you to buy any of this stuff it would be the Benefit They’re Real eyeliner and the NARS eyeshadows – they’re the nicest products I’ve used in a while and it’s making me realise that spending that little bit more on make-up may be worth it. Plus, look how instagrammable it all is?!

Have you tried any of these products? If so, what did you think?!

Until next time,

If you liked this post you may also like Glam Valentine’s Day Make Up or January Beauty Buys.

• 27th February 2016 / 10:57 am

Aren’t they beautiful?! I felt bad even using it because it’s so pretty!

1. 27th February 2016 / 9:34 am

Oh I’ve been eyeing the “They’re real” mascara for the longest time now. Really need to get my hands on it asap as everyone seems to absolutely love it!!

And I’m definitely with you on the makeup buying thing – it’s horrible but I just can’t stop!!

Love, Kerstin

• 27th February 2016 / 10:58 am

Yesss you need it! I was the same, had seen loads of reviews and was like ‘I need this’ haha!

• 27th February 2016 / 10:58 am

Haha I found the eyeliner and mascara SO difficult to photograph, they weren’t cooperating!

• 27th February 2016 / 10:59 am

They’re such pretty colours, and such good quality – I’m in love!

2. 27th February 2016 / 9:44 am

Tokyo looks absolutely gorgeous, now I’ve seen it I think I might just have to buy it! Maybe after my eye has got better though, I don’t need to tease myself like that! x

Jodie // Jodie Loue

• 27th February 2016 / 10:59 am

It’s literally stunning! Haha maybe treat yourself to it, and use it after your eye is better… as a little reward!

• 27th February 2016 / 11:00 am

I really love both so I’d definitely recommend them! I wish I didn’t wear glasses because I’d wear the mascara so much more often!

3. Hannah Rose
    27th February 2016 / 12:12 pm

The eyeshadow duo looks absolutely fabulous! NARS is a great brand, I only have two items from there but I love them. They’re Real mascara is my favourite but I can’t spend £20 on a mascara as I’m saving up for a holiday (boo) maybe I’ll pop it on my birthday wishlist as I do miss it.. Great post as USUAL Robyn xo

• 28th February 2016 / 4:28 pm

NARS is so fab but I’ve only ever tried out other peoples products and things like that. The mascara is a good thing to add to a christmas or birthday wish list – do it!

4. 27th February 2016 / 1:06 pm

The trio is such a good buy, you definitely need the remover for the mascara. It just doesn’t come off, ever. I could never get the hang of the liner when it first came out, I keep meaning to give it a go again and see. I can’t believe it’s your first Nars product!! It won’t be your last, they’re amazinnnng xx

Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

• 28th February 2016 / 4:30 pm

I know right! It’s a nightmare but twinned with micellar water it seems to just about come off. The liner did take me a few attempts but in reviews I’d heard people say once you’re used to it it’s fab, and they’re deffo right!

5. Melissa
    27th February 2016 / 1:08 pm

I love the Benefit They’re Real Mascara it’s a nightmare to get off but really creates a gorgeous eye look. The NARS eyeshadows look so nice too, I need to try these at some point! The Modern Audrey

• 28th February 2016 / 4:30 pm

It is a nightmare to get off but I try not to put much on when I’m using it and that helps!

6. 27th February 2016 / 1:27 pm

Ohhhh the NARS eyeshadow duo looks stunning! I have green eyes too so I love wearing purple based shades to make them pop! I’ve never tried anything from the Benefit ‘They’re real’ range but I adore the packaging!
    Aisling | Aislings beauty bytes

• 28th February 2016 / 4:31 pm

Doesn’t it look fab – Ash it’d suit you soooo well! And I’ve not tried any of it either and I’m loving it!!

7. Abi Street
    27th February 2016 / 2:48 pm

The NARS eyeshadows are such gorgeous shades! x

Abi | abistreetx

• 28th February 2016 / 4:32 pm

I know right – this duo is sooo nice but there are so many others I’d also love!

8. Sophie Mills
    27th February 2016 / 5:35 pm

I think high end eye products are so much better than you can find on the high street (unlike base/face which can be just as good from Superdrug or Boots than from Debenhams etc). I don’t really like the They’re Real liner but I love the mascara, except my mum has stolen mine from me. I’ve never tried any Nars shadows though and these look gorgeous for spring!

Sophie x | Essential Twenty

• 28th February 2016 / 4:33 pm

I agree! I don’t need to splash out on foundations or anything so having good quality eye products is good for me! The liner took a few attempts to work out but now i’ve got the hang of it it’s okay!

• 28th February 2016 / 4:34 pm

I can’t believe I haven’t tried it yet – especially as eyeliner is what I wear every single day!

• 28th February 2016 / 4:34 pm

Glad ya love the haul! And oooo I don’t blame you, it’s so nice!

9. A Little Dose of Makeup
    28th February 2016 / 3:33 am

I love the They’re Real mascara, it’s my holy-grail!

• 28th February 2016 / 4:34 pm

I’m loving it and I can’t believe I’ve never tried it!

10. Elena
    28th February 2016 / 9:06 am

the they’re real mascara has been a firm favorite of mine for years. it never smudges which is a huge plus.

• 28th February 2016 / 4:35 pm

It hasn’t smudged at all when I’ve tried it which is fab – I have such oily skin I hate it when my make-up runs!

11. 28th February 2016 / 1:48 pm

The mascara is a great pick. That’s a favorite of mine though I have yet to try the eyeliner. Awesome haul! 🙂

Angelie // Tagaytay Roadtrip 2016: Picnic Grove, Tagaytay City

• 28th February 2016 / 4:36 pm

Definitely have a try of the eyeliner if you’re in need of one – it’s so nice and really accurate once you get the hang of it!

12. 29th February 2016 / 10:41 am

So jealous of your haul! I used to have the eyeliner and nothing would take it off at the end of the day! 😀 I thought the remover itself was pretty expensive and wasn’t sure about how long it’d last so I didn’t buy it. However, I got a waterproof make-up remover from INGLOT and the eyeliner was just melting away under the cotton pad! So I started using that liner on a daily basis and was in love with it! 🙂 (But, once it got empty I went for the Maybelline liner which looks exactly the same, but is much cheaper, and it actually does the same job in my opinion?? ) Anyways, I’d still love to have all those products you got! 😀

• 29th February 2016 / 4:11 pm

Haha it is difficult, but I found that I was using too much so I used less and it comes off slightly easier! I will definitely look at the Inglot remover next time! Glad you like everything in the haul!