I Finally Tried A Lush Product

I know what you’re thinking… But no, I’ve never bought a Lush product for myself before in my entire life. Basically, I always thought of Lush as being famous for their bath bombs, and well… I don’t have a bath, so I’ve never really been that bothered.

In the last year or so I’ve noticed they do SO much more than bath bombs, including skincare products and make-up (and well literally everything) and last week I bought my first ever product. I headed to Twitter and asked everyone what one product I should try out first and the majority of the replies were to try a face mask – so that’s exactly what I bought!

Lush-face-mask-001

It was my mumma’s birthday last weekend so I bought two fresh face masks so we could have a lil’ pamper. I had absolutely NO idea which ones to choose and I kinda picked the ones that I thought we’d like. I went for the Cupcake fresh face mask (cause… cupcakes) and I chose Love Lettuce for my mum.

Lush-face-mask-003

Lush-face-mask-003

Lush-face-mask-005

Lush-face-mask-006

Lush-face-mask-007

The only bummer I had was that I forgot you have to keep them in the fridge… so when they arrived 3 days before my mums birthday I had a bit of a struggle hiding them from her. But it was no biggie.

Anyway… What did I think? Was it worth the hype?

Well, yeah, I think so! The mask was quite thick and I kinda wanted to eat it, and it wasn’t really that messy either which is a huge bonus for me. I only had to leave it on for 5-10 minutes so it wasn’t too faffy either and it came off so easily with warm water. Afterwards my skin felt AMAZING – like SO smooth. And well, I guess that’s all I expect from a face mask. I wasn’t massively crazy about the two scents I picked out but I suppose I’ll just have to try the others…

And yes, it looks like my face is covered in poo.

Lush-face-mask-008

I’m glad I’ve taken the Lush plunge and I’ll totally be trying out some more stuff from them!

What are your favourite Lush products? Is there anything you think I should try?

Let me know, as always!

If you liked this post you may also like 29 Things Most Girls Do But Don’t Admit To or Lee Stafford Coco Loco Range / Review.

1. Sheridan grady
    21st March 2016 / 11:46 am

I am so obsessed with Lush! Mask of Magnaminty is such a great mask from there, but I loveee the hair products! Especially the American Cream Conditioner! xx

• 22nd March 2016 / 9:52 pm

I’ve heard about the Mask of Magnaminty – I think that’ll be what I get next! And ooooh that sounds so dreamy!

2. Victoria James
    21st March 2016 / 11:46 am

Their Full of Grace serum is my favourite lush product – they recommend you use it before their facemask to draw the nutrients deeper into your skin and I really noticed a difference! Also I use it at night in place of a moisturiser – again they recommend drinking a tall glass of water after applying, so your face glows. I found my face was still silky soft when I woke up X

• 22nd March 2016 / 9:52 pm

Oohh I’ve not even heard of that – totally will try with a face mask! Thanks for the water tip too!

3. Chloe
    21st March 2016 / 12:24 pm

Haha, love the poop comment! Let me know how you get on with them! As much as I love the face masks, they don’t last nearly as long as I need them too and then I end up binning them prematurely :(. Would love to know if you actually got round to finishing both pots before the expiry date.

• 22nd March 2016 / 9:55 pm

Hahaha glad it made you giggle! And yeah I found they only last a couple of weeks so I just only need one small tub at a time. I managed to use both pots but only because my mum used one and I used the other!

4. 21st March 2016 / 1:26 pm

I love those masks! My favorite products are the bath bombs and a couple bubble bars (Brightside…mmm) but besides that I love their body scrub bars and shower cream, though my favorite scents usually happen to be seasonal so they are quickly discontinued. For example the peppermint scrub bar and Lord of Misrule shower cream. Thankfully I stocked up before they were sold out!

• 22nd March 2016 / 9:56 pm

A body scrub bar sounds amazing! May have to try that! And yeah I’ve smelt the snow fairy shower gel which they have over Winter and it smells gorgeous!

5. 21st March 2016 / 2:06 pm

The poo-like mask made me laugh. I have never tried a fresh Lush face mask as I would probably not get much use out of it before it went off. I sometimes indulge in Mask of Magnaminty which is self-preserving and leaves my skin feeling pretty good xo

Emily | emsalice.com

• 22nd March 2016 / 9:57 pm

Haha it’s true though… very poo like. I really want to try the Mask of Magnaminty – think I’m going to try that next!

• 22nd March 2016 / 9:57 pm

You really do! The face masks were lovely and I’m deffo going to try some other ones!

6. 21st March 2016 / 3:12 pm

Ahh I’m so glad you chose the cupcake face mask as it’s one I really like! It does really help to make your skin feel so smooth and fresh xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

• 22nd March 2016 / 9:58 pm

Yesss I was 100% certain I was going to try that one – anything chocolate-y and cupcake-y! It smells amazing!

7. Zauni
    21st March 2016 / 3:54 pm

Love Lettuce is one of my favorite mask from them, it works miracles doesn’t it? If you’re looking for more skincare products from LUSH I would highly recommend their Angels on Bare Skin cleanser – it’s the stuff of champions, I promise you.

Zauni.
    hellozauni.com

• 22nd March 2016 / 9:59 pm

I haven’t even thought about trying their toners/cleansers… Totally going to have a look at them!

8. 21st March 2016 / 5:12 pm

Lush skincare is my fave…I love it. I love Cupcake, it feels so nice on the skin and makes my skin feel so soft after. Definitely recommend “ocean salt” if you like exfoliating products..that’s one of my faves! :))
    Jess || beautifulbreakable.com

• 22nd March 2016 / 10:00 pm

My skin was so soft after using cupcake! And ooooh I LOVE exfoliating products because I have quite oily skin. Thanks for recommending!

9. 21st March 2016 / 8:24 pm

The face masks really are amazing… you should try Mask of Magnaminty… it is amazing!! I also am a massive fan of their Movis soap for your face… it smells like biscuits and does such an amazing job at cleansing your skin!! Also… you should give Bouncy Bunny shower jelly a go… it smells like chocolate oranges (and I will admit it is quite slippery to use in the shower)… but it makes your skin SO soft!

Saira
    xo

• 22nd March 2016 / 11:01 pm

I’m so trying Mask of Magnaminty next! And mmmmm they all sound amazing too!

10. angelicaannaa
    21st March 2016 / 10:26 pm

I have a weird obsession with lush, their products are amazing and I always hear good stuff about them!

• 22nd March 2016 / 11:02 pm

I just never tried anything because I didn’t have a bath, totally didn’t realise they did other things!

11. Kathryn
    21st March 2016 / 10:50 pm

Welcome to the Lush hype! Honestly, I’m dying at your poo comment… That’s so typical of you hahaha. Saying that, I haven’t actually tried the Cupcake mask but I reallyyy wanna.

When I have moneys I’ll be off to repurchase the Oatifix mask (which does wonders for my yucky dry patches) and I also want to try the Ultrabland cleanser!

Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

• 22nd March 2016 / 11:03 pm

YASSS! Haha knew you’d appreciate the comment 😉 deffo try Cupcake you’ll like it! I like the sound of Oatifix too I may try that next along with the Mask of Magnaminty!

12. Meg Siobhan
    21st March 2016 / 11:54 pm

The only face mask I’ve tried of theirs is Mask of Magnaminty which is LOVELY. But Cupcake is one I have really wanted to try…may have to get it next time I’m in town!

• 22nd March 2016 / 11:03 pm

That’s one everyone is saying is amazing – totally going to try it! And yesss Cupcake is delicious!

• 22nd March 2016 / 11:04 pm

Ohh I’ve heard about their lip scrubs! I get dry lips so badly in the Winter so may try one! It’s like the Cupcake mask though, I’ll just end up wanting to eat it!

13. Cherish
    22nd March 2016 / 1:44 pm

Honestly,

I forget they have more than bath products, too. My first apartment only had a shower and I was missing baths so much that when I finally moved my boyfriend and I went on a Lush spree. . . However, I have been meaning to stop in to see what their masks are all about!

I will say, though, I do not like their lip scrubs. They are really harsh and not as moisturizing as others I’ve tried, just in case you were wondering!

• 22nd March 2016 / 11:04 pm

I just don’t find the time for baths, even if there is one available on holiday or something! Definitely recommend the face masks!

14. sophie
    22nd March 2016 / 1:55 pm

I’ve used cupcake too and wasn’t a fan of the smell too much, I do really love some of their other products though like the shower gels 🙂

• 22nd March 2016 / 11:05 pm

I didn’t hate the smell of Cupcake but I think there’s probably others I’d prefer. I love shower gels and I bet Lush have some amazing smelling ones!

15. Hannah
    22nd March 2016 / 5:36 pm

its about time!!! i recently brought my first face mask from lush too and i thought it was so nice!

• 22nd March 2016 / 11:06 pm

I know right, so behind on the times…! Which one did you try? They’re so luxurious aren’t they – and the pots last ages!

16. 22nd March 2016 / 7:34 pm

The first product I ever tried from Lush was their bubblegum lip scrub, and its still one of my favourite products to this day! As far as masks go I’m obsessed with their ‘Mask of Magnaminty’ It’s been an absolute lifesaver for my spotty skin. P.s you still look hella cute…even if it does look like you have poo all over your face lol
    Aisling | Aislings beauty bytes

• 22nd March 2016 / 11:07 pm

OMG anything bubblegum scented is on my list to buy – but I’ll end up wanting to eat it haha! And yeah you’re like the 100th person to recommend that mask, deffo trying it! I like the sound of it because I won’t have to keep it in the fridge ahah!

17. 23rd March 2016 / 4:04 pm

I didn’t really pay much attention to Lush for a long time either (totally obsessed now though!) I’m glad you enjoyed using the face mask, Catastrophe Cosmetic is my favourite – it’s so good at calming down stressed skin, and it smells pretty good, too, like blueberries 🙂 xx

Toasty

• 23rd March 2016 / 8:02 pm

Ooooh Catastrophe Cosmetic sounds good! I love fruity scents!

18. 24th March 2016 / 7:32 am

I thought the same about Lush before I went in there; that they were all about baths. Then I went in store and found their shower range, skincare range get etc. So good! I recently tried my first fresh face mask too. I tried Rosey Cheeks, although I was tempted by Cupcake. X http://www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk X

• 24th March 2016 / 3:55 pm

Rosey Cheeks face mask sounds lush – didn’t even see that one!

19. 25th March 2016 / 3:39 pm

The ‘don’t look at me’ face mask is my absolute favorite from them. Love it so much and it smells a bit like dandelions and makes it feel like summer. And I also think you should try their lip scrubs./love Ida

• 26th March 2016 / 11:56 am

Ooooh I’ll have a look! Any summery scents are perfect!

20. becky
    29th March 2016 / 7:52 pm

I do love LUSH products! I would definitely recommend the Oatifix and Don’t look at me face masks!

• 30th March 2016 / 1:20 pm

I’ve heard loads about Oatifix so maybe I’ll try that next! Thanks!

21. Emily Eddings
    15th April 2016 / 1:50 pm

I love Lush! Their cleansers and toners are dreamy. You have to try the Ocean Salt Face Scrub, it leaves your face feeling SO smooth! X

• 16th April 2016 / 7:13 pm

Me too now! Ooooh will totally have a look at that! I have really gross skin so anything that can scrub out the bad bits is a winner for me!