The New Make-Up Brush Heaven

Girls, you know the deal – you want some new make-up brushes but you have to buy a few from different brands and you don’t want to pay all the delivery costs. Anyone who’s into beauty and make-up will have a monumental stash of make-up brushes (me included) and no matter how big our collection is we still want new ones.

Story time: a few weeks ago I wanted some new make-up brushes – I was going to buy a set from one company, a single brush from a second company another single brush from a third company. The total delivery cost for buying from three websites was £9 or something like that… nope, absolutely no way. I could buy a lipstick with that.

Recently I was contacted by MakeUpBrushes.co.uk and, as the name suggests, they stock make-up brushes. I love it when I get an email that really stands out and is something that I think I’d genuinely benefit from. This company sell all of our favourite make-up brushes by loads of brands… and they have free delivery. My favourite kinda delivery.

Anyway to delve into the company a bit more I decided I’d two a comparison of two foundation brushes – one being a more expensive Real Techniques brush and the other being a cheaper brush by Brush Works.

Make-Up-Brush-Heaven-001

Make-Up-Brush-Heaven-002

Make-Up-Brush-Heaven-003

REAL TECHNIQUES BOLD METALS TRIANGLE FOUNDATION BRUSH

I’ve always been a huge fan of Real Techniques brushes, however they can be pretty expensive… Especially the Bold Metals collection. I’m going to ruin all the beauty rules by saying I actually don’t like this brush at all (please don’t shoot me). This one is the 101 Triangle Foundation brush and it’s good for getting into corners – but I found the brush way too harsh, especially compared to all of my other Real Techniques brushes. It’s not like the bristles themselves are hard, but they aren’t as soft as I thought they’d be and I found the brush dragged my foundation across my face instead of buffing it into my skin. Considering this brush usually costs around £20 I don’t think it’s really worth the hype.

BRUSH WORKS FOUNDATION BRUSH

Brush Works is a much lesser known brand than Real Techniques – but I really liked using their Foundation Brush. It’s a little softer than the Real Techniques one, and it’s smaller which I think makes it a little easier to use (you know when you hit the end of the brush into the mirror, yeah I did that a lot with the RT one). The price of this brush is only £5.99 on the Make-up Brushes website – and I think I genuinely preferred it to the more expensive Real Techniques one. I’m not sure if it’s quite as good as some of the other brushes I own, such as the Real Techniques Buffing Brush/Expert Face Brush, but I liked using this Brush Works brush for getting into corners and for around my eyes.

Make-Up-Brush-Heaven-006

Make-Up-Brush-Heaven-005

So, the moral of the story is that cheaper make-up brushes can be awesome too. I’ll still always love Real Techniques ones (which MakeUp Brushes stock!) but maybe steer clear of 101, it’s not nice.

But anyway, they’re all sold at MakeUpBrushes.co.uk so go and shop your fave make up brushes and enjoy that free delivery sistas.

Drop me a comment if you’ve ever used either of these (I’d love to know if you like the RT Triangle brush or not?!).

Until next time,

If you liked this post you may also like I Finally Tried A Lush Product, Neutral Make-Up Look or Mini Eye Make-Up Haul.

Make-Up-Brush-Heaven-004

1. 28th March 2016 / 1:16 am

im not a big fan of makeup brushes because I am too lazy to maintain their cleanliness but the gold one looks really gorgeous (even for the sake of hoarding and to be part of my makeup collection HAHA)

• 29th March 2016 / 9:49 am

I have to admit I never really clean mine (ew) but I know what you mean – the gold one does make my collection look really yummy!

2. Amy
    28th March 2016 / 10:04 am

Ahh free delivery on brushes? This could be dangerous.

I’ve heard great things about Real Techniques but haven’t ever had any myself.

• 29th March 2016 / 9:50 am

I know right! Sold. And you’ll love RT brushes, try the expert face brush, foundation brush or buffing brush!

3. Erin (@MakeErinOver)
    28th March 2016 / 1:15 pm

I knew I wouldn’t like their triangle brush, it just isn’t the best application for me, but I do love the rest of their collection 🙂 I would really recommend the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush – its really expensive, but the finish is incredible. I love it!

• 29th March 2016 / 9:51 am

I know, I have the rest of the collection mostly and I absolutely LOVE them! I guess the triangle brush just isn’t for me. And ooooh anything by Bobbi Brown is always amazing!

4. 29th March 2016 / 8:06 pm

Receiving makeup brushes is a dream! Sounds awesome. I totally agree with you that cheaper brushes can be just as effective as expensive ones, but it is trial & error. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

• 30th March 2016 / 1:21 pm

Yeah sometimes cheaper brushes aren’t great but sometimes the ones in the ‘middle of the range’ are just as good as pricey ones!

5. 30th March 2016 / 12:03 am

Oh I think I have that RT brush somewhere, need to dig it out and use it after this post!
    xoxo
    Serein

• 30th March 2016 / 1:24 pm

I’d love to know what you think of it, I really wasn’t a fan but it may suit some people more!

6. 30th March 2016 / 12:26 pm

I haven’t tried any of the RT bold metals. I think they’re pretty pricy compared to their original brushes. The other brush sounds great though and that website definitely sounds worth checking out xx

• 30th March 2016 / 1:24 pm

I have some of the others and they’re lush! But I won them in a competition and didn’t pay for them so I guess the price didn’t affect me much. The website is fab, totally recommend!

7. Elena
    31st March 2016 / 11:45 am

the bold metal brushes look so amazing and i’d love to get myself some.

• 31st March 2016 / 12:10 pm

They are gorgeous! All of the other ones I have are fab!

8. 31st March 2016 / 12:04 pm

EMERGED BRUSHES.

I buy more brushes than makeup products honestly. Finding great brushes for the cheap is always wonderful. Thanks for the recommendation, Robyn! <3

xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

• 31st March 2016 / 12:10 pm

Hahaha I do too, I have so many! No problem, the website is great you should definitely check it out!

• 31st March 2016 / 3:59 pm

They’re all great! This triangle foundation one is the only one I haven’t liked much. Thanks so much!

9. Anastasia
    31st March 2016 / 3:32 pm

I bought my first ever brush a month ago, have to learn so much about this new whole world!

xo Anastasia
    Natbee’s Fashion, UK Travel Blog

• 31st March 2016 / 4:00 pm

I only bought make-up brushes like a year ago, don’t worry haha! You’ll soon get addicted!

10. 31st March 2016 / 4:36 pm

I really need to try more make up brushes, I tend to just stick to whatever’s cheap and not really look into the best on the market – love the sound of these though plus it’s great that they’re not extortionate! xx
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

• 1st April 2016 / 9:15 am

Yeah I was the same, but I found that you can actually get good branded brushes for not that much more money – I found they were better for buffing the foundation into the skin instead of just smeering it on the top!

11. 2nd April 2016 / 6:04 pm

Sooo glad you brought this site to my attention, shipping costs are the bane of my life so I’ll defo be checking them out! As for the RT brush, I totally agree with you. I have a REALLY good dupe set I’ve been testing out recently, and this is the one brush that I really don’t enjoy. I find that it’s quite soft, but like you say, just not soft enough. I appreciate that the pointed corners can get into some tight spaces but I just can’t find a way to use this for applying something, and actually like it! I have so many other (mainly RT also) brushes that I enjoy using so I’m defo glad I didn’t splurge on the real one, ahaha… >_<

Amanda Jayne | beauty, style, life

• 3rd April 2016 / 10:28 am

Shipping costs are so annoying haha! I’m so glad you agree with the brush – it’s good for some things like corners but I just don’t really get on with it! All other RT brushes are literally amazing though!