The Best Foundations For Pale Skin

I’m proud to admit I’m a complete vampire when it comes to my skin. I’m that girl who wants a foundation in shade ‘paper’ or ‘talcum powder’ or something like that – and seriously, it’s SO hard to come across. Gone are the days where I have orangey-blotchy fake tan which actually match my extremely dark foundation which is labelled fair.

I’ve had a long battle with finding foundations that are super pale and that haven’t got a hint of yellow or orange in them, but I’ve recently found a few that I love so I have to share them with you. I’ve got a budget buy, a medium range product and a high-end product to show you. Swatches are at the end of the post!

MY BUDGET BUY – SEVENTEEN STAY TIME FOUNDATION (and concealer)

I was sent this to try out by Seventeen and I have to say for around £6-7 it’s a pretty darn good pale foundation. The palest shade is Porcelain and as you can see, it looks pretty white. I have the concealer which is the shade Fair but if I put the concealer on first before the foundation then they blend really well and you don’t get any blotchy dark patches. As for the ‘stays up to 25 hours’ claim I’m not sure, but I’ve worn it a few times for about 12 hours and didn’t need to touch it up at all. It’s pretty mid-coverage so if you want a lot of coverage it does layer up well but if you have the concealer with it you’ll probably love it just as much as I do!

WHERE TO BUY – Boots

Best-foundations-for-pale-skin-005

MY MID RANGE BUY – VICHY DERMABLEND CORRECTIVE FOUNDATION

My mid-range product is the Vichy Dermablend corrective fluid foundation which you can buy for about £18. I was sent this to try out from Vichy – they have a new range of shades out and one of them is the shade 05 Porcelain, so I obviously needed to try it… When you swatch this foundation it’s the darkest/most coloured of the 3 I’m showing you, but I find the swatch is super misleading because when you apply it and buff it out on your face it doesn’t look as dark at all. The coverage of this is SO good and if, like me, you have red patches and spots then you’ll really like this! I wear it without concealer and it lasts all day without touch ups!

WHERE TO BUY – Boots

Best-foundations-for-pale-skin-004

MY HIGH-END BUY – NARS SHEER GLOW

Over £30 for a foundation is a lot, I’m aware, but here me out… This stuff is literally amazing. I bought this from a blogger who didn’t like it – she had dry skin and this foundation claims to be good for that, however I’ve got oily skin and I love it. Weird right? I’ve used this foundation with a primer and it really wasn’t great, but when applied on my normal moisturiser it’s perfect and it’s the best shade out of the 3 I’ve mentioned. This is shade Siberia and it’s the palest foundation I’ve found on the market – obviously you’re paying a higher price so you would expect a good foundation but I’m using this for special occasions or make-up looks. I literally treat it like gold!

WHERE TO BUY – NARS

Best-foundations-for-pale-skin-001

Best-foundations-for-pale-skin-002

Best-foundations-for-pale-skin-003

Best-foundations-for-pale-skin-swatches

So in reality if you’ve got really pale skin then I’d recommend all of these foundations. The Seventeen products are the cheapest and obviously if you end up not liking them it doesn’t matter too much. If you’re going to try the NARS product I’d definitely encourage you to get swatched and tested out first before spending all that money, but in my opinion you really are paying for good quality foundation. Want something in the middle? The Vichy foundation is great quality too and has the best coverage for red areas and spots.

Let me know what foundations you pale babes use!

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and like my Facebook page to keep up with updates from me!

If you liked this post you may also like My Nude Lipstick Collection, The New Make Up Brush Heaven or Neutral Make-Up Look.

** the Seventeen products and the Vichy foundation were sent to me to try out, but not for full review, the post was fully my idea and includes 100% honest opinions **

1. Aimee Deleis
    2nd May 2016 / 6:15 pm

I ADORE Nars Sheer Glow, I wear it one shade darker in Mont Blanc and I literally can’t get enough of the stuff. A really versatile foundation in terms of coverage!

• 3rd May 2016 / 9:17 am

Yeah I love it! To be fair, Mont Blanc is still really pale and I love how many shades there are!

• 3rd May 2016 / 9:17 am

No problem! NARS sheer glow is definitely worth the investment but I really would encourage you to get it tested on you first before you spend so much money on it. 🙂

• 3rd May 2016 / 9:18 am

Me too I’ve tried SO many but they always end up looking too yellow or orange. These 3 are fab and I’m so impressed by sheer glow!

2. 2nd May 2016 / 8:10 pm

Sheer Glow is the only one I’ve not tried and you’ve seriously sold me! I mean there has to be hype around it for a reason right? Ugh, I need to get colour matched now but I’m pretty confident Siberia is calling my name!

Jodie // jodieloue.com

• 3rd May 2016 / 9:19 am

Girlll you’ve got super pale skin like me so you’d love sheer glow! Deffo go get tested for it first but I’m sure it’d be right for you!

3. 2nd May 2016 / 8:42 pm

Totally agree on the Nars foundation working better without a primer! I actually have dry skin, and I loved loved loved this foundation but am now a bit torn on it as I’ve found some great alternatives including the Bourjois Healthy Mix! Have to agree on the Vichy Dermablend, I was sent it in Opal and the colour match is just insane! xx

• 3rd May 2016 / 9:20 am

Strange isn’it ?! People with dry skin seem to have mixed opinions about sheer glow and my skin type is totally opposite but it’s fab! I like healthy mix by Bourjois but I found the lightest shade was too yellowing and dark on me!

4. Kirsty
    3rd May 2016 / 2:00 am

I have both the NARS and Vichy Dermablend foundations, I’m not sure about the Seventeen one as a lot of the products from this brand don’t seem to agree with my skin. Great post and informative to people looking for suitable foundations for pale skin, I know sometimes it can be a difficult task finding a foundation that matches well with pale skin.

Kirsty x

• 3rd May 2016 / 9:21 am

That’s probably the only issue with cheaper foundations like the seventeen one, they probably don’t suit everyone! I think I’m just lucky – seems to be good for really pale girls with oily skin! Thanks so much 🙂

5. Alice
    3rd May 2016 / 11:00 am

I find the Seventeen foundation so good for my pale skin, the shade is brilliant and I love the consistency, also couldn’t live without the concealer either!

Alice ♡ // beautybyalicee

• 3rd May 2016 / 3:57 pm

Yeah I thought you used it! It’s a great shade and I love the consistency too because it’s not watery at all! No matter what foundation I use (out of the three I’ve mentioned) I always use the Seventeen concealer.

6. 3rd May 2016 / 3:47 pm

I’m going to have to give that Nars one a go – I’m so pale and find it really hard to get a good foundation. I’ll pop along to a store and get colour matched – thanks so much for the tip! x

• 3rd May 2016 / 3:58 pm

If you really struggle then I’d definitely recommend it! And yeah good move, I think it’s good to try it because you never know whether it goes right with your skin type (even though it usually does).

7. 4th May 2016 / 5:31 pm

I’m lucky in that I’m pale but with a yellow undertone so I feel there’s slightly more of a shade range available to me. I don’t use foundation often, so when I by a foundation I really want to to be perfect. I’d never have thought of try Seventeen, but the shade looks really nice. I’ve been humming & hahhing about the Nars Sheer Glow, I’ve got dry skin & have heard a few of other dry skinned people say that it doesn’t work well for them… I’ll definitely be testing it in store before purchasing. Bobbi Brown seem to have a great range of shades. I’m have the Foundation Stick in Ivory & it matches me perfectly, but there’s at least one shade lighter than that! Xx

Tania | When Tania Talks

• 4th May 2016 / 6:03 pm

You may like NARS sheer glow but like you say it’s best to get it tested to check it works for your type of skin! I’ve never looked at Bobbi Brown for foundation – really should! Thanks for the heads up!

8. 7th May 2016 / 7:21 pm

I love the feel of the NARS sheer glow but the colour just isn’t right for me! I have quite pink undertones to my skin so I really struggle. The closest I’ve found is the YSL Touche Eclat foundation in BR10 or B10 at a push. It’s a little heavy for summer though so I’m looking for something new that works with my dry skin – a seemingly impossible task!

Bethany

• 8th May 2016 / 10:51 am

I have yellow undertones so I think that’s probably why it’s better for my skin! I’ve never looked at YSL for foundations. I like the NARS foundation as it’s quite light whereas the Seventeen foundation is a lot heavier, not great for summer!

9. 8th May 2016 / 9:23 pm

I love the Seventeen Stay Time foundation, I have to mix the shades for my perfect colour but I’ll be rushing out to buy it as soon as I run out xx

• 9th May 2016 / 10:24 am

Considering it’s like £6.50 you can’t go wrong even if you do have to mix shades!

10. 10th May 2016 / 7:56 am

I’m obsessed with Nars Sheer Glow, I’ve yet to find anything that beats it! Lily Lolo do a mineral foundation which is incredibly pale (the shade is called Porcelain) so that might work for you if you want something cheaper, especially since you have oily skin. It’s a good one for the summer when you don’t want anything too heavy on your face 🙂 xx

Toasty

• 10th May 2016 / 2:30 pm

Isn’t it amazing?! And oooh I’ve never heard of that brand ever so thanks for the recommendation – especially if it’s cheaper!

11. Anja
    12th May 2016 / 12:12 pm

Love NARS sheer glow! I’ve got it in the shade Siberia as well, which is a perfect match for me. 🙂

• 12th May 2016 / 3:27 pm

It’s amazing isn’t it! The shade is so perfect for pale skin!

12. 12th May 2016 / 11:47 pm

I have oily skin and love Sheer Glow too, it works wonders! I’ve nearly ran out :(. I loved the Vichy foundation too. I haven’t tried the Seventeen one before, will have to grab that one x

Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

• 13th May 2016 / 10:51 am

It’s fab isn’t it! Seventeen is great for just throwing on make-up when you don’t have any special plans – like I save my NARS for make-up looks and when I’m actually going out and use my Seventeen for when I’m popping down the shop and don’t want my billions of spots to be exposed haha!

13. 2nd July 2016 / 2:22 am

I think you saved my life haha since where I live it doesn’t sell seventeen cosmetics 🙁

I’m going to try nars since I’ve been thinking about lately to buy high end foundation since I can’t find any drugstore foundation for my pale skin.

• 2nd July 2016 / 5:00 pm

Must be so annoying not getting Seventeen where you live, they’re great!! Definitely try NARS, maybe pop into a local shop and test it!