A Day In Bournemouth

On Wednesday I went off to the beach with my family – it’s very rare that the 4 of us all have time off at the same time and none of us had been down to Bournemouth for ages, so that’s where we went. Unfortunately England did it’s classic ‘here you go have some sh*t weather while you’re at the beach’, but it was still a lovely day!

I’ve created a photo diary of everything we did, what we ate and also what I wore. Here goes!

LUNCH AT HARRY RAMSDEN’S

Harry Ramsden’s is famous for its fish and chips, but I’m afraid to admit I can’t stand fish. Luckily they had a million other things on the menu and I ordered a burger with cheese and bacon – basically my idea of heaven. My brother and dad had classic cod and chips and my mum had battered sausages with chips.

So. Many. Chips.

Anyway, I’m not over-exaggerating by saying my burger was probably the best burger I’ve ever eaten. Seriously, it was so good. It came with two giant onion rings and a ton of chips – definitely what I’d call a sexy meal. The place looked gorgeous and the service was ridiculously quick, such a perf lunch!

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-009

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-001

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-002

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-003

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-004

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-005

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-006

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-007

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-008

THE BEACH AND THE PIER

We took a walk along the beach and even though it was filled with noisy, annoying children building sand castles (was a little jealous) it was still a pretty gorge view. Who’s idea was it to go in half term though? Ugh, so many dropped ice creams.

We walked along the pier and I took a couple of photos of the sea – there wasn’t a lot to do on the pier but it only cost £1.10 to get on it. There was a huge cafe/restaurant on there but we didn’t stop in it (Harry Ramsden’s filled us right up).

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-010

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-011

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-012

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-014

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-015

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-016

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-017

We walked further along the beach to this little amusements place, and this would be where all of my dreams get crushed. Me and my brother have a bit of an ongoing battle at air hockey… Basically, I was winning the whole way through and then he came back at beat me 7-6. The little f*cker.

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-018

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-019

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-020

AFTERNOON TEA AND GARDENS

It’s approximately an hour and a half after having lunch so that calls for afternoon tea, am I right? We headed inland through some cute gardens and went to a coffee shop called The Terrace Cafe – it was pretty adorable and my caramel latte was bloody brill (don’t you hate it when you don’t get enough caramel in your caramel latte? Don’t get me started).

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-021

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-025

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-024

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-022

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-023

MINI GOLF

If anyone tells you you’re too old to play mini golf, just ignore them. Me and my brother have another ongoing battle with mini golf and things can get pretty stressful (mainly if I’m losing).

Well…

Yep, you guessed it, I lost.

Moving on…

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-026

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-027

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-028

LAST BUT NOT LEAST… SHOPPING!

Can’t go anywhere without looking at clothes can I? I went into Cath Kidston and some other cute shops, before finally spending a penny or two (or a million) in Topshop.

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-029

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-030

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-031

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-032

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-033

There’s a sneak peak above of what I bought and I’m sure I’ll be wearing them on the blog soon!

So, even though it was super cloudy all day it was so nice to go for a calm day out by the beach, and the food was pretty damn good too. If you don’t live near the south coast I’d definitely recommend a day trip!

I wore an ASOS bomber jacket, ASOS jeans, a Topshop tee, Clarks boots and my Armani Bag.

A-Day-In-Bournemouth-013

Hope you liked this post! Little different to normal but let me know if you like the photo diary style!

If you liked this post you may like Cotswold Water Park: Outfit & Photography or What To Wear On A City Break.

1. 3rd June 2016 / 8:58 am

I love reading photo diaries so this post was perfect for me : ) Looks like such a lovely place to visit and I am in love with the thought of that food haha xx

Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

• 3rd June 2016 / 10:00 am

Glad you like the post Jessie! Was such a lovely day out – and that burger… ugh.

2. 3rd June 2016 / 10:51 am

Oh what a cute day! And that food looks sooooo good! Xx

• 4th June 2016 / 10:01 am

It was lovely! Ugh the food was unreal!

3. Hannah
    3rd June 2016 / 11:18 am

I’ve never been to bournemouth before! your pictures look amazing though!

• 4th June 2016 / 10:01 am

It’s a lovely little place! I went there once as a kid but never been again since – makes a cute day out!

4. 3rd June 2016 / 11:52 am

Whaaaaaa? I love fish, haha! I also love Harry Ramsdens, they orginate from up north near me! In fact I think I might get a fish for my lunch today. I’m so hungry now.
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

• 4th June 2016 / 10:02 am

Ew ew ew I hate fish ha! And yaaaas they do – in Leeds or somewhere isn’t it?! You eat your fish, I’ll stick to my burger 😉

5. 3rd June 2016 / 3:12 pm

Aw look’s like such a great and fun day out!! I love mini golf I haven’t been in ages, this post has made me want to go again haha xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

• 4th June 2016 / 10:04 am

Haha mini golf is the bomb, never too old for it! Go find your nearest 😉

6. Yasmin
    3rd June 2016 / 4:42 pm

This looks like such a cute day out! I love going to Cath Kidson and I HATE when they don’t give me enough caramel too. Great post, love your t shirt btw 🙂

Y x | http://www.thesweetsevenfive.com

• 4th June 2016 / 10:05 am

Cath Kidston is the best – I like it when I find a shop because there isn’t one near where I live! And hahaha the worst! Thanks lovely 🙂

7. 4th June 2016 / 7:47 am

It looks like you had a great time! I loved this post because not only did we get to see your stunning outfits but your photography- you are very talented xx

Thrifty vintage fashion

• 4th June 2016 / 10:06 am

Was so lovely! So glad you like the photos – I absolutely love photography as well as clothes so it’s nice to share both in a post!

8. Jessica
    4th June 2016 / 10:12 am

I love Bournemouth!! My family used to go every year when I was little, we used to camp in New Forest and travel along the south coast. Your photos are fab and it sounds like you had a really lovely day!

• 4th June 2016 / 5:53 pm

Ahhh I’ve been to the New Forest – such a lovely area of the country I kinda wished I lived down there! Thanks chica 🙂

9. 5th June 2016 / 9:17 pm

Looks like you had such a fun day out! Me and my family are exactly the same when it comes down to mini golf, always so competitive haha! The photos are lovely x

Billie
    Allure of a Girl

• 6th June 2016 / 2:39 pm

Sure did! And haha mini golf brings out the worst in families – always!