How To Wear Your Maxi In Autumn

Summer is disappearing (I think, who knows in England?) but it doesn’t mean we have to immediately ditch the summer clothes. I’m all about layering up items we already have to create fab outfits for Autumn and today I’m talking about the maxi dress. Now the season has ended you’ll find so many maxi dresses on sale in all the high street stores, and just because it’s no longer beach weather doesn’t mean we can’t wear them.

I bought myself a floral black maxi dress recently on ASOS and decided to layer it up for Autumn with a plain black tee and some ankle boots. When it gets a little colder I’ll probably add a leather jacket over the top, but for now it’s warm enough with light layers!

how-to-wear-your-maxi-in-autumn-01

how-to-wear-your-maxi-in-autumn-17

how-to-wear-your-maxi-in-autumn-18

Dress – ASOS

Tee – New Look

Belt – ASOS

Shoes – c/o Ego

Bag – ASOS (old, similar here and here)

I’m SO in love with the t-shirt/dress combo and trying it out with a maxi dress definitely works in my eyes. This look is so grungy and I’ve finished it off by cinching in the dress with a western belt to add some shape! I’ve added a load of sale maxi dresses from ASOS below so you can recreate the look.

Let me know what you think of the outfit!

You can now shop my AUTUMN WARDROBE.

If you liked this post you may like Colour Trend: Dusky Pink,  How To Nail Casual Tailoring or How To Mix Up Your Basics.

** c/o shows items that have been sent to me by the brands but all items are chosen and styled by me and aren’t influenced by other parties. **

1. 18th September 2016 / 8:56 am

Been loving shirts under slip/maxi dresses! Looks so fashionable and classy at the same time. It’s still bloody hot here in LA, still a long time til’ Autumn comes around.

• 19th September 2016 / 9:21 am

It’s such a cool look isn’t it? And yeah I can imagine it’s still warm, it’s really cooling down here in the UK!

2. 18th September 2016 / 9:09 am

You look lovely in this outfit! I love the pattern on the dress and how you styled it! Perfect idea for transitioning pieces 🙂

Sarah | What Sarah Writes

• 19th September 2016 / 9:21 am

Thanks so much! It’s a lovely pattern, nice without being toooo over the top! 🙂

3. 19th September 2016 / 11:08 am

Love this look – been a fan of tees/tops under strappy dresses for a while so agree that now is the perfect time of year for those! Looks great with a white tee too
    Beautiful styling with a long dress!
    Jb //
    xx

Bicycles style and travel blog // velondonista.com

• 19th September 2016 / 12:02 pm

Yeah it’s perfect now that it’s not boiling hot! Thanks so much! 🙂

4. Dana
    19th September 2016 / 10:57 pm

I so need to try layering my maxi’s to take me into autumn, you look so spot on here but im just worried ill look like a plum doing it!

Dana | fashiondew.co.uk

• 22nd September 2016 / 3:35 pm

You won’t look like a plum, haha! You’ll look amazing, you pull everything off!

5. 20th September 2016 / 3:56 pm

I love how you paired the dress with the belt, I never do that, but I need to try it!

TheNormcoreRebel

• 22nd September 2016 / 3:36 pm

I always find some maxi dresses have no shape at all and bringing it in with a belt at the waist completely transforms it!

6. 20th September 2016 / 11:13 pm

Wow you look great – one of few gals who can pull of a dress like that. Summer is gone, but not quite here in Los Angeles! Come! hehe Xx

• 22nd September 2016 / 3:36 pm

Thanks so much! And haha I’m so jealous, it’s getting really cold here in the UK! Enjoy the sun while it lasts!